Wednesday 7 April 2010

Upholstery Fabric



Photo: Raf Dienert

Once in awhile one is fortunate enough to get caught up in someone's gail force of a personality as happened when this lass crash-banged into my orbit at my favourite boozer. I'd been admiring her getup for some time when I finally put a feeling of intimidation aside and approached her. Her energy matched the craziness of her outfit which seemed to be something off the back of granny's settee. She was mad as a hatter and that's a good thing!

Where to start?! Obviously, that cape/poncho/thing is the first piece anyone will notice. What incredible design and colours! Can't decide if it's '50-60s inspired or something more tribal - which the necklace and plastic bangles on her wrist seem to point toward...The shoes are also fittingly quirky...but it's the hair that completes this super original look. Princess Leia meets Boney M circa 1977. A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that she will be one of the top contenders for Style Icon of 2010! Formidable! (Fr)

(I'm waiting for better pictures of her, so watch this space!)

3 comments:

  1. MAD as a hatter and it doesn't matter wear your sofa with pride Miss Yeukai XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeukai, let's keep identities out of this! This blog, after all, is from the point of view of a teenage Thai masseuse...We don't want to confuse and upset my legions of rabid fans, now do we!
    I'll pop into "Eyre" one day soon

    ReplyDelete