Sunday 6 March 2011

LFW A/W 11 - Erdem Catwalk







Now I'm a big fan of Erdem (and as a member of his extended posse, I am mincing my words here, as he is a most fascinating and charming fellow - the dangers of the media hobnobbing with the talent, eh?!) but I was left somewhat underwhelmed by his Autumn/Winter '11 collection. The fabrics all perfectly luxurious in silk and velvet and the tailoring - as far as I could judge - seamless, but it felt a bit too safe to my liking, in particular the cuts. The colours (apart from a few rich-hued dresses - above), also, would appeal to the well-heeled conservative housewife in muted autumnal blues, greens and burgundy. My granny's favourite colour combinations...But then again, it is all a matter of taste and as a devoted follower of Vivienne Westwood (see later), it is understandable that this collection would be too staid for team Say No To Facion.

His choice of models also got some rubbing in the media and I'm pained to admit to agree with those criticisms. Read my rant on the current crop of London catwalk models in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment